30 August 2019
GEO-Instruments (A Keller Company) are looking to recruit a new General Manager to join the team in their offices based in London.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
If you feel that you can fulfil the job description below apply now.
- To take full operational responsibility for the management of GEO-Instruments UK, a division of Keller Limited.
- The role is critical to the success of the company, instrumental in increasing turnover and profitability
- To value health and safety first and foremost. Working with the HSEQ function to bring best practice into the business
- Maintain and improve project performance, ensuring operational standards are maintained and exceeded where possible (covering time, cost and quality)
- Maintain a framework for GEO-Instrument’s procedures and policies, ensuring the team adheres to these and it is aligned with Keller’s approach
- Maintain working relationships with other Keller businesses (including geotechnical contracting and instrumentation & monitoring companies, e.g. GEO-Instruments US, Germany, France etc.) and support Keller’s development in this market.
- Forge, and continuously improve, links within the industry, eg, with business partners and suppliers
- Drive innovation and development in the product and service portfolio.
- Develop, with support, robust IT software and hardware both internally and for customers.
- Be aware of emerging opportunities in the I&M market.
- Develop Key Clients and track major projects, sharing market information with the wider Keller team.
- Share best practice with other Keller Group companies where relevant.
- Contribute to marketing the business externally and internally.
- Attend and speak at industry events and exhibitions.
- Lead and inspire the GEO-Instruments UK team.
- Embed the Keller Way.
- Embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in accordance with Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement (FREDIE) principles
- Lead on all aspects of recruitment and selection of salaried staff, including developing a long-term plan for the team and organisation.
- Undertake annual and periodic performance and development reviews.
- Provide training and records of training for both hourly and salaried personnel supporting continuous professional development.
- Communicate employment related policies.
- Support the budgeting process and drive delivery of the annual results.
- Support the strategy process and drive delivery of the action plan.
- Ensure estimating is accurate and a feedback loop after job completion exists.
- Make applications to customers on time and check payments.
- Manage company compliance with internal and external standards.
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Death in service x3 basic salary
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday Purchase
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- BUPA cash plan
- EAP Programme
- Annual Bonus & Salary review (dependent on company performance)
- Long service awards
- Company savings scheme
- Charity sponsorship (fund raising is matched up to £1,000)