Please note the location of this role is on site near Denham, Uxbridge.
Purpose of the Role
To provide comprehensive advice and support in the maintenance and improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality compliance on major projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that an effective customer focused Health, Safety, Environment and Quality service is provided to the designated project.
- To undertake site inspections and internal audits for the project in a timely manner with recommendations for improvement and ensure delivery of identified improvement actions.
- To carry out external supply chain audits, produce reports with recommendations for improvement and ensure the outcome of the audit is recorded and disseminated with the buyers.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environment regulatory, contractual and company requirements. To assist in the preparation and periodic review of registers of legislation and standards, health and safety risk assessments, environmental aspects and work instructions.
- To assist in the identification of competency gaps across the Major Project with regards to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
- To provide tender and project management Health, Safety, Environment and Quality support to the Major Projects team.
- To provide support and advice to personnel relation to the prevention of accidents, damage to plant and equipment, fire, the environment and quality control.
- To ensure that all reported incidents and non-conformities are recorded, investigated and analysed. Facilitated across partner organisations and Keller Branches when requested to identify root cause and ensure that recommendations for future prevention are disseminated. Assist in reporting of incidents to the Enforcing Authority in accordance with legislation.
- Provide relevant information for inclusion in the monthly regional HSEQ report. Identify activities required specialist risk assessment e.g. DSE, Fire, Noise, Dust, Vibrations, etc. advising on control measures for risk reduction and ensuring safe systems of work are documented and implemented.
- To assist in the development of behaviours within the project that support project HSEQ initiatives and enhance a positive and continuously improving work ethic.
- To encourage staff to report hazards and raise health, safety, environment and quality concerns.
- To provide support to the HSEQ Manager and project in second and third party certification assessments and audits.
- To attend and contribute to UK branch meetings.
- To participate in HSEQ business improvement projects.
- Assist in the development of the Integrated Management Systems in accordance with international standards such as PAS91, ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 where appropriate. Facilitate management system reviews and assist through internal audit, provision of advice and consultation to drive management system improvement.
- To liaise with customers and sub-contractors on HSEQ matters as requested by HSEQ Manager.
- To deliver HSEQ related training.
- To support and coach divisional safety representatives.
- Work to and actively promote “The Keller Way”.
- Comply with, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in accordance with Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement (FREDIE) principles.
- To assist the divisions in the identification of cost of poor quality, safety, health and environmental management.
- CSCS card holder.
- Technician Member of IOSH.
- NVQ Level 3 / NEBOSH Construction or equivalent.
- Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
- ISO45001 Internal Auditor Certification.
- ISO9001 Internal Auditor Certification.
- ISO14001 Internal Auditor Certification.
- Proven Health and Safety experience in construction or manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of Integrates Management Systems.
- IT literate, Excel, Work, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Practitioner Member of Chartered Quality Institute.
- Affiliate Member of IEMA.
- Experience within joint ventures and major infrastructure projects.
- Personally motivated to maintain continuous professional development in accordance with professional status.
- Have an eye for detail and the personal motivation to drive business improvement.
- Excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills. Be influential – with the ability to drive change through motivation and negotiation skills.
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with staff.
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Positively demonstrate that they value integrity, teamwork and respect in others.
- Resilience and patience – able to deal with a wide variety of people, whilst determined to carry initiated through to a positive outcome.
- Must be willing to travel (UK) and hold a full diving licence.