Roles and Responsibilities
- Works as the focal point and liaises with project requesters.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other professional buyers within the project
- partner’s networks in UK and abroad.
- Works with the project teams forecasting procurement needs
- Ensures that planned and actual procurement activities meet the needs of the production process on an on-going basis
- Ensures that order requirements are up to date and signature/approval is aligned with workflow
- Reviews quotations; participate in prices negotiation, delivery terms with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Obtains best credit facilities, terms of payments and profit margins with our manufacturers/suppliers and obtain the most competitive offer
- Performs market surveys on prices, discount rates and products every quarter.
- Follow up purchase orders and communicates the status to the project
- Maintains and updates procurement files in orderly fashion on the server.
- Provides an updated price list and product materials to the end-users every quarter.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable delivered goods with end-users, manufacturers and transporters to determine cause of problem while taking corrective and preventive action immediately.
- Evaluate the suppliers performance in line with internal procedures and standards.
- Responsible for the monthly report of the procurement department (dashboard, indicators,
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University Graduate with a degree in engineering and/or Commerce, Business Administration and 5-7 years’ experience
- Highly organized with a logical approach and result oriented. Problem solving and decision making skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually on own initiative, Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Project & time management with close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage stressful situations and operate effectively under pressure
- Always deal with end-users in a professional manner
- Resilient and hard working
- Completely computer literate and high familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook, MS project...). Experienced in ERP would be a serious advantage
- Preferable who can join with short notice period
Due to the high level of applications, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keller is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from discrimination and harassment.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit and business needs. Keller does not discriminate in employment based on age, disability, sex (including gender identity), race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy & maternity, or any other non-merit factors.
Keller is a Disability Confident employer. Applicants who have declared a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the post will be shortlisted. For further information regarding the Disability Confident scheme please call 02476 511 266 or visit https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/.
If you would like a large print version of this job vacancy please call 02476511266