Do you have a passion for all things Health & Safety? Do you want to progress your career with the largest geotechnical specialist contractor in the world? Take a look at the job description below and apply today!
Please note the location is DENHAM near uxbridge
HSEQ Manager (NWE)
Purpose of the Role
To provide comprehensive advice and support in the maintenance and improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality compliance on Keller UK Major Projects. The role will support all Keller business units operating in the UK when deployed on major projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that an effective customer focused Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Service is provided to major project delivery teams.
- To assist in the delivery of the site inspection and audit programme for major projects in accordance with client and Keller NWE requirements.
- To carry out external supply chain audits, produce reports with recommendations for improvement and ensure the outcome of the audit is recorded in E-Vision and disseminated with the buyers.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory, contractual and company requirements.
- To assist in the preparation and regular review of registers of legislation and standards, health and safety risk assessments, environmental aspects and work instructions.
- Support capability building in the line/project organisation and assist in the identification of competency gaps across the organisation with regards to Health and Safety.
- To provide tender and project management Health, Safety, Environment and Quality support to the divisions.
- To provide support and advice to personnel related to the prevention of accidents, damage to plant and equipment, fire, the environment and quality control.
- To ensure that all reported Incidents and non-conformities are recorded, investigated and analysed.
- Facilitate cross division investigations when requested to identify root causes and ensure that recommendations for future prevention are disseminated.
- Ensure that all reportable incidents have been notified to the Enforcing Authority in accordance with legislation.
- To assist in the timely preparation and submission the monthly regional HSEQ report.
- Facilitate or lead specialist risk assessment e.g. Noise, Dust, Vibration, etc, advising on control measures for risk control reduction and ensuring safe systems of work are documented.
- To assist in the development of behaviours within the business that support business HSEQ Initiatives and enhance a positive and continuously improving work ethic.
- To encourage staff to report hazards and raise health, safety, environment and quality concerns.
- To provide support to the HSEQ Manager (NWE) and major project teams in second and third party certification assessments and audits.
- To attend and contribute to Divisional, Keller Ltd and Keller Group Plc. Meetings.
- To lead and participate in HSEQ business Improvement projects.
- Ensure the Integrated Management Systems are designed and implemented in accordance with International standards such as PAS91, ISO9001, ISO45001 and ISO14001.
- Assist through internal audit, provision of advice, facilitation and consultation to maintain our accreditation and enhance management systems.
- To liaise with customers and sub-contractors on all HSEQ matters as requested by divisional managers.
- To deliver HSEQ related training when required.
- To support and coach HSEQ Advisor posts and Divisional Safety Representatives.
- Embed the Keller Way.
- Embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in accordance with Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement (FREDIE) principles.
- To assist the branches and project team in the identification of the financial benefits of good quality, safety, health and environmental management.
- Chartered Member of IOSH.
- ISO45001 Internal Auditor Certification.
- ISO14001 Internal Auditor Certification
- ISO9001 Internal Auditor Certification.
- NVQ Level 5/NEBOSH Diploma/Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent.
- Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Demonstrable Health and Safety experience in a construction environment as large sub-contractor or principal contractor within a specialist construction industry.
- Working knowledge and experience in facilitating development of Integrated Management Systems.
- CSCS Card Holder.
- IT literate, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Affiliate Member of IEMA.
- IEMA Accredited Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Practitioner Member of Chartered Quality Institute.
- Lead Auditor Qualification in ISO45001.
- Lead Auditor Qualification in ISO14001.
- Lead Auditor Qualification in ISO9001.
- Experience within Plant management, Mechanical or Manufacturing industries.
- Personally motivated to maintain Continuous Professional Development in accordance with Professional status.
- Have an eye for detail and the personal motivation to drive business improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- To be influential - with the ability to drive change through motivation and negotiation skills.
- Positively demonstrate that they value, integrity, teamwork and respect in others.
- Resilience and patience - able to deal with a wide variety of people, whilst determined to carry initiatives through to a positive outcome .
- Must be willing to travel across the UK, hold a full driving licence and be prepared to work away from home.
Keller Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from discrimination and harassment.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit and business needs. Keller Ltd does not discriminate in employment based on age, disability, sex (including gender identity), race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy & maternity, or any other non-merit factors