We invest in our people’s professional and personal development and provide a challenging environment for them to exercise their skills.
Providing training and development opportunities is not simply a matter of getting more from our people. We know that work should be challenging, rewarding and stimulating - providing new opportunities to overcome obstacles and develop skills. With this in mind, we make sure that our employees across all parts of the business have regular opportunities to learn and develop.
This covers technical, safety and competency-based training, together with general management courses for intermediate level managers. At a global level, Keller also offers our own Project Manager Academy.
In addition to generic programmes for groups of employees, training is tailored to the specific needs of individuals, where training needs have been identified through performance discussions or as part of a wider talent assessment exercise.
We support our employees by sponsoring them to become professionally qualified in their field, for example:
- Accounts; Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- AutoCAD; 2D AutoCAD course, Parametric Modelling
- Buying; Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Engineers; ICE agreements/Membership of ICE
- HR; Certificate in Personnel Practice (CPP), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Quantity Surveying; Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Membership (RICS), HNC Civil Engineering
- Organisational development oversee the provision of mandatory training, NVQs, development review (appraisal), and senior management development
We believe that learning is an ongoing experience that never stops. Keller UK is an investor in people (IIP), and was awarded the accreditation in 2005.